Saturday, July 02, 2005

There's Life Out There!

Dudes,

I'm back. Not promising anything good here, just got itchy to write.

Thanks for your support 'n stuff. I wasn't actually attention seeking, it just started as a cover up for the fact that I had nothing to say for a while. I dried up. I got a little claustraphobic too and had to get out into the real world a little.

Here are some things that I learnt whilst out there:

Girls, never take 4 Naprogesics on an empty stomach. I spent yesterday morning (the good part of a day that is) blaming the beer (instead of myself) for the violent hang over I had. Coupled with waves of period pain, I was writhing in agony and nausea and too unwell to get up to do anything about it. Finally I made my way next door to get said tablets and took two. After two hours they hadn't worked so I took another two with my coffee. I thought that my hang over got worse as the day went on but realised later that I had not eaten food and had in a sense poisoned myself, replacing one type of stomach cramp with another and giving myself a rather excrutiating case of diarhoea. It reminded me of the good old days in India.

Something else really weird happened to me out there. I saw a film in which I really liked Tom Cruise. Oh my god! I said it - "I liked Tom Cruise". I think he plays a loser screw up of a father really well. I'm serious! He still had a few cringey moments but he was mostly good in, yes, War of the Worlds.

So here's my quick low down on the film. Skip this paragraph if you don't want to hear it 'cause you want to see it. Two words:

SCAAAAAAAAAAAARYYYYYYYYYY!

AAAAAAAAAWESOOOOOOOOOOOOOOME! For two thirds of the film.

Yeah man, my chest was tight as all hell and I was jumping around with fright and gasping with terror. The special effects are wicked. Don't ask me why they didn't seem very scared when the first alien machine errupted from the earth. They seemed to be content to step back a little and look on in awe. I myself would have been shitting me pants. I pretty much was in the cinema. And don't ask me why some people's cameras and video cameras worked when every other mechanical/electrical device arrested - 'cause I can't answer either question. But I chose not to groan out loud at the plot holes (as I usually do) and to stick with it and I was SO sucked into the film...until Tim Robbins arrived. Oh dear. I won't say any more other than that the film went steadily down hill from there and, well, frankly (DON'T READ THE NEXT BIT IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW!!!!!) the ending really sucked. I gotta tell you though that Dakota Fanning is my new most favourite actor in the world. Is it wrong to have a twelve year old idol?

The other reason I haven't written is cause we lost our dodgy internet connection. We managed to tune into someone else's airport for weeks but alas they have either moved or cottoned on. Writing blogs in an internet cafe is a) not cool at all and b) incredibly uninspiring. In fact, it's not cool at all being in here on a Saturday. What am I doing?!?!?!?!?! Hence the wibbly wobbly post today.

So I have one week left in Sydney, which is probably a good thing otherwise I might drink myself to death. (I'm going to join a church when I get home and clean up my act. This drug addiction deal hasn't gotten me ONE GIG! They have no idea.) I'm also starting to feel incredibly guilty about being idle for so long. And I'm broke. But I'm starting to get the sads. I have had such a great time here and will miss Sydney, the crazy bitch, and all of her naughty children. I better go before I start weeping into my computer and electrocute myself.

Favourite thing today: The Pip Branson Corporation. Definitely go see them when you next can in Sydney. They rock! And the bass player is hot. She is a bare footed, dress wearing, deep, dark red headed, funky bit of sexiness.

5 Comments:

Blogger la nadine said...

thanks to you i had nightmares last night. NIGHTMARES!

horrible nightmares filled with babies and toothless geriatric women and penises.

you are evil and you must be stopped.

love you.

x

5:53 PM, July 02, 2005  
Blogger Darcy said...

Come on Nads, you loved it!

And Toadie - it's just as well cause Tom may have fallen in love with you and been dancing on Oprah's couch singing your name out.

6:24 PM, July 02, 2005  
Blogger elaine said...

Tom Cruise in his current incarnation is definitely. DEFINITELY. scarier thatn any war of the worlds-esque event ever...

11:28 AM, July 04, 2005  
Blogger Darcy said...

I couldn't agree more about Tom's scariness. That's why I was so surprised to dig him in this film.

But he is walking comedy machine at the moment and is keeping me very amused.

dxxxx I can't work out how to comment on your site. I'm scared. But I wanted to say long ago - Jalna! (Yogurt that is)

4:56 PM, July 04, 2005  
Blogger Darcy said...

Pro yogurt. Definitely pro.

5:05 PM, July 05, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home