Saturday, June 18, 2005

Sydney

I am having the raddest time in Sydvegas, I truly am. I have yet to be convinced to move here though and this is why:

-Attitude. So much of it. Not everywhere but enough to hurt. Can't you just fucking smile when you hand me your change? I smile at you.

-All anyone does here is drink. You'd think it was cold.

-Sydneyites are hard nuts to crack. Once you crack 'em though, you're in.

-Fashion. Sydney lacks individuals. There are about three looks in this town. It's like walking through a catalogue. And they are doing the eighties like no other place in Aus. Boring. The eighties should never have happened in the first place. (Eighties "fashion" that is. The music rocked! Some of it anyway.) I tried desperately to forget that decade. Why revisit it? Especially if you weren't there in the first place. Sadomasichists. 'Should be made illegal like smoking, it causes such offense and brings back nightmares.

-Incest. How many partners can you swap/steal before you start to feel truly weird?

-Prices. Everything costs more here: coffee, swimming, theatre, food that's anything above take away/cafe standard, public transport, even the music. I can't believe that most publicans rely on their punters to create and PAY FOR their entertainment and ambience by choosing music on the shitty selction on the juke box. Highway robbery. Get off your fuckin' lazy arses and take the profits from your spensy drinks and buy a CD or two or hire a DJ. Scum. And turn those bloody TVs off while you're at it. I wouldn't have come out if I wanted to watch TV.

Gee, getting a little upset here.

Here are reasons why I would move here:

-The weather. Need I say more?

-I have some wicked friends here.

-It's really, really pretty.

-I actually do have tonnes of fun here. Being an alchy is working for my new image anyway.

-I dig the surf.

-Got a great view. Wouldn't be able to afford it if I moved here though.

-Ummm...I'm struggling here.

-Just 'cause why not?

I'm boring myself to death here. Not in Sydvegas, in blog world. I'm going to endeavour for a while to write without lists and stop using the F word. Wish me luck.

I'm also going to sit on a deeper observation of Sydney for a while, 'cause this just sounds like a cheap slag off and I think highly of this fair (tanned) city. So I'll get back to you on that one with some insight.

4 Comments:

Blogger la nadine said...

sydney good.

melbourne good.

can't we all just get along?

kumbaya.

11:05 PM, June 19, 2005  
Blogger mj said...

Post some pics and add the f-word to their captions!

11:29 PM, June 20, 2005  
Blogger roguemaze said...

Where is Melbourne exactly? Is that in Australia?

11:30 AM, June 21, 2005  
Blogger Darcy said...

It's very far away from Queensland. I wouldn't expect you to know it.

7:32 PM, June 21, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home