Wednesday, June 15, 2005

A Day Off on Pain Killers With Nothing to do Except Think About Stuff

Some Things I Love:

-My new drug problem.

-Stationery and therefore newsagencies or office supply stores. Pens, notebooks...oh yeah, give it to me.

-Socks.

-The sea.

-Intelligence. Wish I had some.

-Old men. As in post 70. (Spare me the crass sexual inuendo please). They make me stop in the street and sigh and sometimes cry. I just adore them.

-My boyfriend.

-Free drinks.

-Love.

-My salty toothpaste.

-Sales at Alice Euphemia. Wish I was in Melbourne right now.

-Sleep. So good!

-Good dreams. Don't have many of them though.

-Italy, Ireland and India.

-Australia.

-Being so, so, so, so lucky - blessed from the very first day I arrived on this earth. I know I'm getting a little serious here but it's true. I couldn't ask for more and I am grateful for everything I have, daily.

-Pushing over old ladies on the train. Oh no, hang on, that was an accident.

-Lists.

-Myself.


Some Things I Truly Dislike:

-The fact that I can't work out how to change fonts etc.

-Rude people.

-Tom and Katie. Angelina and Brad. Spare me your fucking Hollywood teeth and love affairs. Who cares that you root like animals in African jungle bungalows. So? Me too.

-Bad journalism.

-The fact that I spend far too much time on my pooter now that I've been introduced to the Bloggesphere.

-Our "leader".

-Going to the doctor to get pain killers for my neck and having to get the same doctor who poked and prodded at my anus the last time I went in complaining of an itchy bottom. As if that wasn't humiliating enough. At least, I thought, I was never going to see him again.

-Fungal infections in my bottom.

-When people don't return phone calls.( Which means me sometimes).

-Television commercials.

-Most of everything on tele actually.

-Being disliked. Wish I didn't but I do. Still trying to come to peace with that one.

-Being threatened with a gun and more or less held captive by a psychotic, grandma and child bashing freak in Africa. Great stuff that is.

-When you pull over to give way to someone on a narrow street and they don't give you the wave.

-The word "fuck". Whilst I love it, it has been in my vocab since the age of two when I screamed accross a supermarket car park, "Look at that fucking old man!" much to my mum's utter embarassment, who covered me in her arm pit and hid me in the car pretending that a) I didn't exist and b) she didn't teach me that word in the first place. It is a beautiful word but has robbed me of the knowledge and use of many more interesting alternatives. I am endeavouring to learn a few new adjectives, adverbs, nouns and verbs 'cause somehow the f word has infiltrated all four areas of the English language and I am a victim.

-Waitressing.

-Procrastinating.

-Myself. Sometimes. Deep down. But not really.

10 Comments:

Blogger ms fits said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:57 PM, June 15, 2005  
Blogger la nadine said...

oops, wrong username. my bad.

anyway, you know what I really love?

chicks - especially actresses - with red hair.

9:00 PM, June 15, 2005  
Blogger Darcy said...

La Nadine, you have good taste. I prefer 'em strawberry blond.

9:45 PM, June 15, 2005  
Blogger roguemaze said...

Your boyfriend was a little too close to the salty toothpaste for my liking - and yours you little long haired freak...I know you're listening!!!!!

3:17 AM, June 16, 2005  
Blogger Elmo Keep said...

dude, let's get together to talk about painkillers.
hope you feel better shortly.

3:23 PM, June 16, 2005  
Blogger la nadine said...

um..just wondering...um...well...

*scuffs feet on ground*

are you gonna blog today?

i think i'm addicted to your words.

4:25 PM, June 16, 2005  
Blogger la nadine said...

oh come on. blog already.

*can't stop writing 'la nadine 4 darcy 4 eva' all over her schoolbooks*

1:10 PM, June 17, 2005  
Blogger roguemaze said...

Post another blogg animal!

7:52 PM, June 17, 2005  
Blogger Darcy said...

OK god damn it! I dried up a little. Or maybe I was in bed and then at the pub. Whatever.

2:12 PM, June 18, 2005  
Blogger mj said...

Your fans are keen-as! So much pressure!

10:42 PM, June 19, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home