Saturday, June 25, 2005

Pass me a Marshmallow

Ooh yeah, snuggly yummy winterness.

I have so been digging these 21 degree "winter" days up here but I gotta say, sometimes I forget how much I love the cold til I'm in it again.

I am loving this rain. And guess what I got to play in in the Blue Mountains? Snow!!!!! Yeah baby, I was in Winter Wonderland. Driving through it is like being in a Star Wars space ship, hurtling through galaxies of stars. Walking through it in the bush, watching it fall and gather on the ferns is magic. And hiding in it in the pub, curled up on big, dark, consuming leather couches is just sexy.

Plus, I love winter clothes; layers of warming fibres and barriers to protect us from the wind and rain. Hats, boots, big woolly socks, scarves, mittens, lederhosen, bubble gum stretch jeans...oh no wait, I'm heading off track here. Everyone looks hot! The supermarket is a veritable den of pick up potential and the streets are teeming with people huddled together, shoulders around ears, hands rubbing together in a complicit defence against the cold. It's like we're all on the same team for a day.

Bring it on!!!!

Make my nose cold and my cheeks red. I want to drink Guinness by the fire. I want rain on my eyelashes. I want to see my breath in the air. I want to put my new $5 umbrella to good use and see how long it lasts. I want to steam up the windows at night. I want to rub myself up and down on bus drivers and wee on poles on the street...oh sorry, there I go again.

Anyway, you get my point. I've got a lot of Irish and Scottish blood in me. What can I say?

x

PS (Check out Paddy's Porter stout. Unbelievably delicious!)

2 Comments:

Blogger roguemaze said...

The most inspirational and sexy blogg yet. I hear you sister. I hear you!

9:57 PM, June 25, 2005  
Blogger Darcy said...

You're a trooper Mazey.

Dedicated.

3:40 AM, June 26, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home