Monday, July 25, 2005

Rain

Riding home from work into the thick, dark, Irish grey evening and a head wind. The rain is gently, steadily setting in on me but I'm warm now that I'm half an hour into my ride.

I'm lovin' it.

I may not love it after I've sat damp in the chiro waiting room for forty minutes but right now I am.

I definitely won't be when I leave the chiro and battle the ten times colder wind on my way home but I'm lovin' it now.

And there's a hot shower waiting for me at home and pumpkin just begging to be made into soup.

I've said it before and I'll say it again; I love winter.

Call me crazy.

Favourite thing today: my arse. It's gonna look great come spring...if I keep this up.

12 Comments:

Blogger Hammy Goonan said...

It's like you're reading my mind (or following me).

I just went on a ride, got really wet and dirty, then came home to a particularly hot shower and my favorite tracky dacks.

Mind you, I had a curry not a soup.

8:39 PM, July 25, 2005  
Blogger Roguemaze Central said...

yeah. like... whatever.

10:58 PM, July 25, 2005  
Blogger la nadine said...

you're arse looked great in winter.

save me some soup?

11:05 PM, July 25, 2005  
Blogger la nadine said...

your arse. YOUR.

*goes to bed*

*takes wine bottle*

11:15 PM, July 25, 2005  
Blogger mj said...

OK,

You're crazy Darcy.

Actually, not entirely, because you are right about one thing: home-made pumpkin soup is essential for winter happiness, and anyone who hasn't experinced the joy of making their own (especially out of oven-roasted pumpy) needs to get their asses in the kitchen and find out what their missing!

And you like riding: I think I love you (and I'm not going to use Rogue's "is that to soon line", I just do. So there).

8:55 PM, July 30, 2005  
Blogger Darcy said...

"Pumpy"?

Will you call me pumpy if we get married M!key?

And Locket, everyone's arse will look hot if I have anything to do with it so you just relax. I'm riding for Australia.

11:25 PM, July 31, 2005  
Blogger mj said...

Oh gawd, how you have misconstrued me... (I should never have said that, how embarassing) You know I was referring to pumpkin Darcy, but I'd happily call you anything your sweet ass desires! Ride on!

PS: maybe if we both ride doubly hard, we can pull Lockets ass in on the deal? ;-)

12:10 AM, August 01, 2005  
Blogger mj said...

I smell a whiff of Mustang Sally on the breeze.

5:08 PM, August 03, 2005  
Blogger Darcy said...

hmm. contraversial.

11:25 AM, August 04, 2005  
Blogger mj said...

I have that effect: come back and abuse me further Kid A! Don't go silent now.

12:21 PM, August 04, 2005  
Blogger mj said...

Try Mel 40H8, sweetness.

5:09 PM, August 05, 2005  
Blogger Darcy said...

Hey wait a minute. I am a real girl!

11:12 PM, August 05, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home