Thursday, July 21, 2005

Something Smells Funky

I rarely watch TV because it bores the bejesus out of me most of the time. But I thought I'd turn it on whilst I had dinner (on my own) tonight. I did see a really interesting thingo on the design and realisation of the new Spencer Street Station, which I love! That rocked. That saved me from smashing the TV screen, having flicked past Getaway and pausing to find out where those crystal blue waters and cute smiley children are.

How much do I hate that fucking patronising blond bitch? I want to push her through a mince maker, make her into patties, burn her on my barbeque, pronounce her unfit for the dog, throw some of her in the bin and kick the rest of her over the fence.

Reading what rates in the Green Guide this morning reminded me why I tend not to read such articles usually - because I get so depressed about my country which I am trying so desperately to keep holding in high regard. I am clinging with my fingernails to the notion that Australia is full of intelligent, forward thinking, educated, artistically inclined individuals who demand high standards in all areas of life and are excited by progress, change, culture, science, new ideas, fresh air and healthy political debate. A country of do-ers. Socially and environmentally responsible. Politically active and aware.

Bah!

That's right. We are a fucking penal colony. I spent so many hours telling people in England that they have no idea. Oh well...it's nice to dream.

So dream I do.

I quickly found a friendly article about the discovery of the first truffle in Victoria. This passage delighted me:

"'Have you ever smelled a bull's breath?' asked an excited Mr Kerr yesterday, standing among his hazelnut and oak trees. 'These truffles have an amazing bovine, funky kind of molasses smell...'"

I took this one with me and ran today because every other article just upsets me and I sometimes can't remain objective. I get all tied up in knots and desperate a.) at the news and b.) at the journalism.

But that's a blog for another day.

I want more amazing bovine, funky kinds of molasses smells.

*goes and sticks her head in the laundry basket*

Favourite thing today: The Bloc Party come down.

1 Comments:

Blogger Roguemaze Central said...

Hi lady. get out of that funky town. Have a shower. Clean up your house. Turn off the television and stop eating organic stuff it'll kill you.

I love stuff today. What a happy happy day it is!

2:28 PM, July 22, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home