Monday, July 18, 2005

Her chariot is an empty hazelnut...

My dreams are always bad.

Always.

I can't even remember the last good one. I got close the other night when I was having sex with a black man (in my DREAM you perverts) and I had to stop because we didn't have any protection. I mean please. What kind of a tight arse am I if I can't even have wild unprotected sex with a (black!) stranger in my fucking dream? (You might have noticed that I'm using the F word again, but after some restraint I feel that I have earned the right to use it sparingly and thus relish it's yumminess to the fullest. But I digress...)

I don't often have night mares, just bad dreams. Stressful, unpleasant dreams. I find myslef having dream envy when people tell me of their Jungian fanatasy dreams with cliffs and oceans and huge gem stones and bridges of glass and messages from bank tellers with teeth of gold and suits of gossamer and treacle and three legged dogs who can drive and, and, a-and transformations into birds and stuff! They wake up going "what does it mean?" I want to start robbing them of their sleep just so I can have cool stuff in my dreams.

I never want to know what my dreams mean because I'm frightened that they just mean I am a deeply disturbed and unhappy chica. No thank you.

But what do they mean?!?!?!?!?

The freaky thing is that I am a pretty happy person right now with very little to worry about. And believe me, I know stress. I do it very well. It has been a companion of mine for years. But I have probably never been as stressless as I am now. OK, slight exago there, but life is pretty bloody grand and I have little to complain about. Yeah I'd love a job and a bit of self confidence and stuff but you know, can't be perfect or I'd have nothing to strive for (and nothing to blog about).

So why am I grinding my teeth? That's a newy.

And why are my dreams so bleedin' grim?

A friend suggested that I am maybe not very in touch with my dark side.

So my questions to my readers are these:

1. How do I get in touch with my dark side? Not THE dark side, just mine.

2. Does anyone have any other bright ideas about why my dreams are so awful or how I can get some good ones going on?

3. Has this turned into a therapy site? Eesh.

Favourite thing today: Bloc party. I simply cannot get enough of them. Am dying for a ticket for tomorrow night in Melbourne. Anyone? Pleeeeease?!?!?! I will suck cock. Or at least pay.

8 Comments:

Blogger aishwaryanotrai said...

uhm...i have amazingly stressfull dreams too.. i get up all tired and worn out.. wat i do is i dring cough medicine to completely knock me out and i have amazingly dreamless nights which isnt exactly SOLVING your problem but is great at jusy ignoring it.. and uh... sleep early...and for a long time..

9:13 PM, July 19, 2005  
Blogger elaine said...

I always have dreams of being chased by something BAD, then it gets weird and just when I'm backed into a corner I wake up scared thinking "What the...???"

I too (day)dream of fun and normal dreams.

12:14 PM, July 20, 2005  
Blogger Roguemaze Central said...

I don't know what bloc party is but i'll just say I do for the obvious reasons. I got a couple.

5:48 PM, July 20, 2005  
Blogger Darcy said...

What a miserable bunch of so and sos you lot are (and me). Doesn't anyone in the blogesphere have good dreams? I need advice.

Oh and thanks for that Roguemaze but me thinks you are too far away. Me also thinks you lie so no head job for you.

7:12 PM, July 20, 2005  
Blogger Roguemaze Central said...

Shame.

9:08 PM, July 20, 2005  
Blogger Roguemaze Central said...

Seriously - if you want good dreams - get a bottle of peaceful sleep. its essential oils you burn in your bedroom. Put a dab on your temples before sleep and burn it. I used to suffer from extreme nightmares and that stopped it. Peaceful sleep. Find it.

9:36 PM, July 20, 2005  
Blogger la nadine said...

i have no ticket to bloc party. nor do i have a cock. it seems we both lose.

re: your dreams. methinks you just need to ride them out. they will be better soon i promise.

that tree-hugging hippy oil stuff to which roguemaze refers sounds like it could help though.

10:27 PM, July 20, 2005  
Blogger Darcy said...

thanks dudes

1:43 AM, July 21, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home