Thursday, February 02, 2006

Kings of Leon and other Adventures of Darcy

A wee absence. Let me just say that funding applications are a sure way of driving you to the land of fucking boring, where one gets old.. fast.

So Kings of Leon. I think I'm getting too old for live gigs where there are no seats. I think I always was too old. Why was I born old?

The only reason some teenager didn't get my broken Becks bottle rammed into their eye was because THEY ONLY SERVE DRINKS IN PLASTIC CUPS after 10pm at the frickin' Palace. What kind of a palace is that? Not one fit for a princess like me, that's for sure. Nor, indeed, my fair prince.

I survived a set and a half of fuckin' shit boring support acts before squeezing my way out to the back where I could get some breathing space with the adults.

And yeah, they were pretty good but if they didn't tell us how much fun they were having up there (way more than Sydney apparently - YEAH!), I'd have never guessed. They were better than comedy night at the Brunswick Hotel but not as good as Bonnie "Prince" Billy's gonna be! Ears are still ringing today - don't you hate deaf sound mixers?

A late review of the Big Day Out: I tried to throw my phone number at M.I.A and her sexy side kick but it bounced off someone's head. Getting wet just thinking about them up there. HOT!!!!!

It's always nice to catch a glimpse of someone's head on the main stage. That way you really know they're there.

Go! Team were the no team.

Iggy... well if you like your steak over cooked...

Beer and ice cream - FAR TOO EXPENSIVE!!!!

Last B.D.O I reckon.

That's all I squeezed into my life beyond rehearsals and application land. Don't be jealous.

Favourite thing today: my osteopath. I think I want to make love to him.

4 Comments:

Blogger cybele malinowski said...

i hear you dear, about the seat/age thing. but i tells ya, dont just stop at seating in venues, lets got the whole hog and implement beds at gigs. how sweet would it be!

ps. you should so be a reviewer for NME. say it like it is sista

9:08 AM, February 03, 2006  
Blogger Hammy Goonan said...

I was already in love with MIA, now I want her babies.

As for Iggy - TAKE THAT BACK!!

10:11 AM, February 03, 2006  
Blogger Darcy said...

I won't take it back. I WON'T! I don't like boy men or his music. Or his dancing. I don't care what anyone says. I maybe admire his energy and commitment but that's all.

What's NME cybele? Do they pay bitter old bitches like me?

Oh, and while we're at it, a raked audience area and a higher stage so short people can see the gig they payed for too. And loads of room.

6:50 PM, February 03, 2006  
Blogger sublime-ation said...

Once again, our similarities are freakily, well, similar.

5:46 PM, February 07, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home