Thursday, December 01, 2005

How Dry Can This Blog Dry Get?

This drought sucks. My drought that is. The great blog drought of '05.

I'm as blog dry as a mouth full of concrete in the desert;

as scratchy sex on an E when your vagina feels like it's lined with sand paper and full of gravel. No good at all. Very un good;

as a salada without cheese;

as a north wind;

as a crumbly, dry, "no thank you very much" piece of sponge cake;

as a martini.

I've got no water, no lubricant, no creamy toppings, no moisturiser, no butter in my cake and no olives (not that they'd make my martini any wetter but I wouldn't mind one anyway.)

I look unto the heavens daily and ask "when will this drought breaketh?" As yet the heaven's have not replied.

And so I pray.

And in the mean time I trip off in the 34 degree heat to film a student film in a laneway which I regrettably said yes to.

Favourite Thing Today: Heartbeats by The Knife. HOT! A new and welcome discovery for me. It will definitely be my Summer anthem. Also rather keen on Jose Gonzalez's version which, I must confess, was the first I heard. Desperately sad I missed his gigs. Do you think he'll want to play at my next birthday?

4 Comments:

Blogger cybele malinowski said...

oooo! i am soo obsessed with both versions of heartbeats too! and let me say sweetheart, these two songs will lubricate your drought; your night... jsut follow the beat... the heartbeat that is (god i'm so soppy and romancy, it makes me pukey!)

Xxx

2:47 PM, December 01, 2005  
Blogger Darcy said...

Thanks Locket. Looks yummy!!!!!

Better than a used vibrator too.

7:50 PM, December 01, 2005  
Blogger Chai said...

Jose hardly spoke to the crowd, and played exactly as on the CD, so you'd be just as well served to listen to his CD on your headphones and you dont get to stand behind some guy who is like 2 meters tall and half as wide and has slight B.O. And it was so packed, one could hardly move. Some person fainted too.
BTW, I thought all the student films would have been finished by now? Anyway....

9:47 PM, December 01, 2005  
Blogger Darcy said...

I'm so glad Chai!!!! Thank you.

Fuck this word verification's a challenge when you're drunk.

11:21 PM, December 01, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home