Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Random Ramblings From a Busy Blogger/Absentee

Well clearly I didn't mean that I had been busy blogging but rather with life beyond the 'sphere. You know, doing "stuff".

Boring stuff.

Just allowed some shamefully bad acting to dribble out of my bottom in an audition for a role I really wanted in a play I love with a director who I ADORE! Fuck! Why do I screw the ones I want and nail the ones I don't? Sabotage? Ugh.

Had sex with two different friends of mine in a dream the other night. But you know the dreams where you are having sex but it's not in the least bit sexy or arousing? What a waste of sex in a dream! I don't get sex in my dreams often so, come on!

Anyway, it's always weird when you wake up from the dream but it was even weird in the dream. I remember thinking "what am I doing?" Especially because the sex with the second friend (no, it wasn't with both at once, damn it - that might have qualified as sexy) was AWFUL!

I almost told him. I was going to tell him how bad he was in bed too. Thank fuck I didn't. I often speak before I think and am far too honest. That would have been way awkward.

So, as I have resumed my job as an organic green grocer, expect to hear much over excited updates on what's hot and not in the market. Oh yeah, darcy'll bring you the latest on the seasonal do's and don'ts in the fruit and veg land.

At the moment DO: avocado. Oh YEAH baby. Touch me! Creamy Hass goodness.

Bananas were rocking last week.

Golden kiwi - just do it!

Little red capsicum...mmm...

and...not much else to rave about. All the standards are good, as usual. Still enduring a seasonal change over.

Asparagus still good and we have some sexy herbs if you don't grow 'em.

If you have to eat apples this far out of season, only do pink ladies. Don't even look at the others.

DON'T: pumpkin. Just wait alright? Til Autumn.

And don't be too tempted by stone fruit and mangoes yet. They'll get cheaper and way better.

Also don't pay $5.95 for a punnet of strawbs. Unless you try them first and they are outstanding and you can't live without them. (Ours are way cheaper now).

Aahhh, the wisdom; the insight.

x

2 Comments:

Blogger Melba said...

[runs off salivating to buy truckload of avocados/avocadoes/havacardoes]

9:02 PM, November 22, 2005  
Blogger magical_m said...

avocado.

soooooo love it.

and love that its so cheap right now.

2:59 AM, November 26, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home