Thursday, December 08, 2005

Why I Have Decided to Become Mauritian

1. So I can be a sexy, black, Creole, Bhojpuri or French speaking man. Ah... woman.

2. So I can be one chilled out mother fucker.

3. So I can believe that "all problems are better solved with a smile".

4. So I can live on a tropical island with a stable economy and fuck off white sand beaches, surrounded by reefs.

5. So I can smoke dope for breakfast and not freak out.

6. So I can drink rum and Coconut Creole and Banana Coladas.

7. So I can eat Jackfruit Curry, Swimmer Crab Bouillon, Salt Fish in Tomato Sauce and Taro Fritters.

8. So I can make people melt when I speak/smile.

9. So I don't beat myself up for writing a blog when I should be cleaning sticky shit off my windows.

10. Just 'cause.

*books ticket and solarium session*

Favourite thing today: You guessed it.

3 Comments:

Blogger sublime-ation said...

My first 'real'* boyfriend was Mauritian. I broke up with him cause he had a '68 Valiant Charger that he wanted to paint pink and write my name in huge letters on across the side.
I think what you really want to be is Jamaican, West African, or Trinidadian.

* by 'real' I don't mean not imaginary, but rather, we did more than hold hands and get our braces stuck together.

2:43 PM, December 08, 2005  
Blogger Darcy said...

OK. Maybe I want to be Trinidadian.

1:46 PM, December 09, 2005  
Blogger Chai said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:34 PM, December 09, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home