Monday, August 15, 2005

if I Were a Movie Star, La la la la la la...

I was pondering (desperately) the "In Production" listings at the back of the if* magazine on the plane back from Sydney** this Monday evening and a few questions came to mind. These were:

Gary Sweet?

Just wondering what, exactly, makes him so employable? I'm not sure I understand.

Do you have to be called "Sue" to become a producer?

What's in a Sue that makes a good producer?***

if anyone can enlighten me on any of these mysteries, I'd be very keen to learn a little more about my industry, especially if it will help me get ahead a little. Or even catch up.

*inside film magazine (they chose the lower case letters, not me).

** yes, it was lovely, thank you very much. Hung out with a bunch of wancyforks (pronounced "wanky", spelt with a c - a new word I learnt from the nine letter word game in the paper; an old fave of mine) all weekend and drank surprisingly little.

***There's Sue Maslin, Sue Milliken, Sue MacKay, Sue Murray,Sue Seeary (if it's a typo, it's theirs, but I know no better), Susan Cartsonis, Suzanne Todd, Suzanne Do, Suzanne Ryan, Susan Lambert and Stuart Freeman (Stu is the male Sue). And probably loads more but I got bored. Not one Darcy. Not that I want to produce. Just saying.

11 Comments:

Blogger Roguemaze Central said...

Gary Sweet was in Bodyline. Enough said.

4:48 PM, August 16, 2005  
Blogger Darcy said...

wancyfork is an ever evolving word, not yet fit for the dictionary.

6:53 PM, August 16, 2005  
Blogger Darcy said...

Jeez, yous cunts are useless. Last time I ask you for help.

(Not you locket and roguey, the other readers. Oh, hang on. What other readers? Good point. Never mind. Sorry).

8:34 PM, August 17, 2005  
Blogger Darcy said...

Oh and thanks for not explaining wanting to sex Gaz. I'm happy not knowing.

8:34 PM, August 17, 2005  
Blogger Darcy said...

I might just keep commenting on my own blog for a while...

Hell, I talk to myself in the shower so why not?

8:35 PM, August 17, 2005  
Blogger Tuppence said...

Can't tell you why there are so many Sues, but I can tell you where they live.

8:53 PM, August 17, 2005  
Blogger Darcy said...

Nice one tuppence. Good memory.

10:19 PM, August 17, 2005  
Blogger Tuppence said...

I had 'Welcome to the house of Sue' (a slightly deviant version of the song by Madness) in my head for weeks.

10:38 PM, August 17, 2005  
Blogger Melba said...

i've been sick darcy
i'm not a cunt am i?
what was the question?
my brain, she no work

11:59 AM, August 18, 2005  
Blogger Melba said...

i've had another look
sue is an anagram of use
does that make it any clearer?
whereas darcy is an anagram of ... cardy which you simply can't wear if you want to produce
shit, i'll go now

12:02 PM, August 18, 2005  
Blogger Roguemaze Central said...

Come on. Post.

7:09 PM, August 18, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home