Monday, October 24, 2005

There's a First Time for Everything

Well, my time in Adelaide has come. It has been an extraordinary journey, this one. This has been the hardest job I have ever done but has turned out to be one of the most rewarding. I’m still not convinced my acting was any good but I have accomplished a lot and have been enormously broadened by the faith of my director and the rest of the team. Apparently I have great breasts though – that was the most consistent feed back. Excellent. Who needs talent when you’ve got tits? I have ended up making many beautiful friends, all of whom I would jump at the chance of working with again and whom I will miss dearly. And I have also grown very fond of Shmads and will miss this fair town muchly.

It’s always hard ending an acting gig – losing a family, losing the routine, returning to unemployment. Heart breaking in fact and requires a wee period of grieving and adjustment. Thankfully I have even more loved ones and a beautiful house in a beautiful suburb in a beautiful city to return to and am very much looking forward to it.

Enough shmultz!

SOME THINGS I HAVE EXPERIENCED FOR THE FIRST TIME SINCE BEING IN ADELAIDE:

Had whole kitchen sink full of water fall in and spill torrentiously* all over the floor.

Been accused of flirting with my friend’s mother.

Acquired a stalker…on a bmx bike. Well, maybe not, but the second late night in a row that he rode past me and winked/nodded as though he knew me when I was walking home was enough to freak me a little.

Nuded up on stage.

Wore a strap on on stage.

Wore a strap on at all.

Pole danced in front of an audience.

Had the music cut out on me during a number and come back in later, too late, leaving me a huge gap in which to improvise stripping, teasing, pole dancing…badly.

Had to murder someone on stage with an enormous black mumba (say ten inches and about four thick, complete with balls and a suction cup so you can fasten it to a mirror/table/whatever and fuck yourself silly with it, without the aid of a partner…not that I tried, I just worked it out).

Had my costume pop open on stage – the top third of my corset split clean open. (Was luckily clad underneath).

*I will be starting a dictionary of darcy’s own words some time soon. It will be huge.

Favourite thing today: LOVE. I am bathed in it and have an eternal source of it to give away. All of it times ten goes out to La Nadine and her family today. May her mother rest in peace.

x

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home